MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

IS CHRIST OUR BANNER?

Is Christ our banner?


Some thoughts by Paul Washer (from one of his podcasts):

A pastor I know, a dear man of God, called me and said “Brother Paul, I’d like you to come to preach to my church because I believe many of them are lost. And I said “Why do you believe many of your members are lost?” He said “because they are homeschoolers”.

Now I homeschool. So does he. And I said “Brother, you homeschool”. “Yes, I do. But anytime a group of people make homeschooling their banner rather than Jesus, they have gone astray”

You see, you’re off-center, unless it’s all about Christ.

Brother Paul is right. Are we as excited about Christ as we are about yesterday’s game/show on TV? Or our profession/job/hobby?

Do we, as Christians, talk about Him, when we meet? Or do we talk about everything under the sun except Christ?

Our banner, as Christians, shouldn’t be anything except Him. Not homeschooling, not social activism or politics, nothing. Not that these things aren’t good. But when we are more concerned about “voting the right way” or promoting the right values in the public space, something is wrong. We should be perceived as the Christ’s church, rather than as a voting bloc or as being against you-name-it social cause (abortion/same sex marriage/God out of school). I think we should be more concerned about “God back to church” than about “God back to school” or “the 10 commandments back to the law courts”.

http://nothingbetween.wordpress.com/2009/10/27/is-christ-our-banner/

No comments:

Post a Comment