MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

FANNY CROSBY-Biography – Composer of over 8,000 hymns


Fanny Crosby

Biography – Composer of over 8,000 hymns

 

http://youtu.be/Jfu_PQjQlI8

 Uploaded by on Feb 11, 2012
 Fanny Crosby, 1820-1915

Fanny Cros­by was prob­ab­ly the most pro­lif­ic hymn­ist in his­to­ry. Though blind­ed by an in­com­pe­tent doc­tor at six weeks of age, she wrote over 8,000 hymns. About her blind­ness, she said:
It seemed in­tend­ed by the bless­ed prov­i­dence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dis­pen­sa­tion. If per­fect earth­ly sight were of­fered me to­mor­row I would not ac­cept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been dis­tract­ed by the beau­ti­ful and in­ter­est­ing things about me.
In her life­time, Fan­ny Cros­by was one of the best known wo­men in the Unit­ed States. To this day, the vast ma­jor­i­ty of Amer­i­can hymn­als con­tain her work.
Read more and listen to over 400 of her hymns here http://cyberhymnal.org/bio/c/r/o/crosby_fj.htm
Fanny’s most famous hymn (music composed by her friend Phoebe Knapp Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
Refrain
Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

 Related articles
 Greatest Christian Worship Songs of 2012 and All Time (compassioninpolitics.wordpress.com)
Fanny Crosby's Life-Story (1903)
Fanny Crosby’s Life-Story (1903) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
  • Fanny Crosby
    Fanny Crosby (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment