MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Friday, July 2, 2010

Praising God Therapy by Mark Brown on July 1, 2010

Praising God Therapy
by Mark Brown on July 1, 2010

Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. (NIV)

Back on the 24th of June I spoke about what the word comfort means in the greek, what it means for God to comfort us. I shared that what I needed to do to feel comforted was a) Praise God for all the wonderful things that are happening in my life and b) remember what God has called me to do. Well this morning I really needed this big time. Which is a good thing! This journey deeper into God’s Word is no intellectual exercise, but my journey deeper into the presence of God. And that involves most days not only learning new things by way more importantly, applying them to my life. And this morning I applied it, with such profound results that I wanted to share what happened.

I got up and was at the gym by 6.15am and I awoke with this cloud over my head, almost a light form of depression. I charged on, completing my weights routine but the sadness remained with me. I started my cardio cross training trying to work out how to lift the mood when I recalled my realisation back on the 24th about receiving God’s comfort. So I gave it a go and WOW! I just started praising God, bringing to mind all the amazing things that are happening in my life. At first it was hard work, but I persisted and over about 20 minutes my mood completely lifted. I strode out of the gym feeling absolutely awesome!! While I was driving home from the gym, I had this strong sense from God that I should record a video sharing my vision for The Bible page on Facebook. So I got home, showered and full of energy from my ‘Praising God Therapy’ session I recorded the following vid:

God bless!

Mark

http://www.facebook.com/MarkBrown.page
http://twitter.com/RevMarkB

If you would like to subscribe to this blog and receive my reflections as an email for free click here: Subscribe.

………………………………………………………………………..

Yahweh’s Yarn in a Year : 1 year Bible reading plan


To access the complete plan for the year click here: click

http://journeydeeperin2godsword.wordpress.com/yahwehs-yarn-in-a-year/

No comments:

Post a Comment