MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HEAVEN-How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?

How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?



know sure heaven


Question: "How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?"

Answer:
Do you know for certain that you have eternal life and that you will go to Heaven when you die? God wants you to be sure! The Bible says: “I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life” (1 John 5:13). Suppose you were standing before God right now and He asked you, “Why should I let you into Heaven?” What would you say? You may not know what to reply. What you need to know is that God loves us and has provided a way that we can know for sure where we will spend eternity. The Bible states it this way: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

We have to first understand the problem that is keeping us from Heaven. The problem is this - our sinful nature keeps us from having a relationship with God. We are sinners by nature and by choice
. “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). We cannot save ourselves. For by grace are you saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves – it is the gift of God. Not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9). We deserve death and hell. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23).

God is holy and just and must punish sin, yet He loves us and has provided forgiveness for our sin. Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”
(
John 14:6). Jesus died for us on the cross: “For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous to bring you to God” (1 Peter 3:18). Jesus was resurrected from the dead: “He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification” (Romans 4:25).

So, back to the original question “How can I know for sure that I will go to Heaven when I die?”
The answer is this – believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved (Acts 16:31). “To all who received Him, to those who believed in His Name, He gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12). You can receive eternal life as a FREE gift. “The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). You can live a full and meaningful life right now. Jesus said: “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10). You can spend eternity with Jesus in Heaven, for He promised: “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you may also be where I am” (John 14:3).

If you want to accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and receive forgiveness from God, here is prayer you can pray. Saying this prayer or any other prayer will not save you. It is only trusting in Jesus Christ that can provide forgiveness of sins. This prayer is simply a way to express to God your faith in Him and thank Him for providing for your forgiveness. "God, I know that I have sinned against You and am deserving of punishment. But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve so that through faith in Him I could be forgiven. I place my trust in You for salvation. Thank You for Your wonderful grace and forgiveness! Amen!"

Have you made a decision for Christ because of what you have read here? If so, please click on the "I have accepted Christ today" button below.

If you have any questions, please use the question form on our Bible Questions Answered page.

This page is also available in: Español, Deutsch, Română, Simp-Chinese, Arabic, Français, Polski,Russian Indonesia, Hebrew, Korean, Italiano, Melayu, Ukrainian, Việt, Japanese, Slovenčina, Suomi,Mongolian, Jawi, Srpski, Greek, Magyar, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Cesky, Nederlands, Türkçe, Português,Thai, Hrvatski, Latviesu, Macedonian, Bosanski, Tagalog, Farsi, Kiswahili, Shqip, Hindi, Svenska,Slovenščina, Trad-Chinese, Dansk, Afrikaans, Lietuvių, Nepali, Norsk, Armenian, Urdu, Tamil, Sh-Punjabi, IsiZulu, Azerbaijani, eesti, Lietuvių, Sesotho, íslenska, Pashto, Chin dialects, Kazakh,Malayalam, Esperanto, Saraiki, Sindhi, Yorùbá, Sinhala, Samoan, Hausa, Myanmar, Meitei, O’zbek,Georgian, Amharic, Telugu, Oromo


Related Topics:

What is the prayer of salvation?

What is the right religion for me?

What does it mean to accept Jesus as your personal Savior?

What does it mean to be a born again Christian?

What is the plan of salvation / way of salvation?



Return to:

Questions about Salvation


Return to:

GotQuestions.org Home

No comments:

Post a Comment