TIME IS RUNNING OUT
Today’s blog post is a continuation of yesterday’s. WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED FROM MY SIN?
Together, they are a summary of a Middletown Bible Church’s teaching called “Terms of Salvation.”
|“Holding forth the Word of Life” that we might
“grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ”
(Philippians 2:16; 2 Peter 3:18)
4. SALVATION CAN NOT BE EARNED
There are those who seek to add human works to the salvation equation. They insist that man must do certain things to earn salvation. Yet the Bible teaches again and again that a person is not saved by works. Here are some examples:
* Titus 3:5 – “Not of works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us.”
* 2 Timothy 1:- “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works.”
* Ephesians 2:8-9 – “For by grace are ye saved through faith and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast.”
* Romans 3:28 – “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the Law.”
* Romans 4:5 – “But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.”
In other words, salvation is not DOING something; it is KNOWING someone (John 17:3). Salvation is not based on what we might do; it is based on what Christ has ALREADY DONE (John 19:30). Salvation is not TRYING; it is TRUSTING (John 6:47). If salvation could be earned by anything we do, then Christ’s death was a waste (Galatians 2:21). Salvation is not WORKING; it is RESTING on the WORK of Another (Romans 4:5).
5. EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATION.
“Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved” (Luke 8:12). The devil does not want people to be saved. The devil knows God’s plan of salvation. Therefore he does everything he can to prevent people from being saved: “lest they should believe and be saved.” God’s plan of salvation is very simple: BELIEVE AND BE SAVED! (Compare Acts 16:30-31). Don’t be deceived into thinking a person can be saved in any other way!
6. THE THEME OF JOHN’S GOSPEL IS BELIEVE IN CHRIST.
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name” (John 20:31). See also John 3:16; 5:24; 6:35; 6:47; 11:25-26. The word “believe” (or related words) is found 99 times in the Gospel of John. Eternal life is obtained by believing in Christ, and in no other way. Have you believed on Him?
If you are still reading this, then there is still time to trust in Jesus and be saved!
There Is Only One Way to Heaven-be Sure Are You Ready to Meet Him?are You Sure? (ioan17.wordpress.com)
What Must I Do to Be Saved From My Sin? (ioan17.wordpress.com)
It is Finished (dailybibleplan.com)
What does ‘salvation’ mean to you? (johnmeunier.wordpress.com)
The Gospel: God Loves You! (ioan17.wordpress.com)