MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Friday, August 3, 2012

ABIDE WITH ME-Indelible Grace (feat MP Jones)

Indelible Grace (feat MP Jones) - Abide With Me


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ALmQZ_NiA&feature=player_embedded

Uploaded by on Dec 9, 2009

Abide with Me is a hymn written by Henry Francis Lyte.
He wrote it in 1847 while he lay dying from tuberculosis;
he survived only a further three weeks after its completion.

This remake has only 5 out of the original stanzas. Here are the original lyrics:

"Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day;
Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

Not a brief glance I beg, a passing word;
But as Thou dwell'st with Thy disciples, Lord,
Familiar, condescending, patient, free.
Come not to sojourn, but abide with me.

Come not in terrors, as the King of kings,
But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings,
Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea—
Come, Friend of sinners, and thus bide with me.

Thou on my head in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close, O Lord, abide with me.

I need Thy presence every passing hour.
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter's power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death's sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven's morning breaks, and earth's vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me."

Lead Sheet (capo): http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/lead/abidewithmeCAPO.pdf
Lead Sheet (real): http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/lead/abidewithmeREAL.pdf

 

Sheet music for Abide with me
Sheet music for Abide with me (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1845)
English: Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1845) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
English: Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1847)
English: Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1847) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

No comments:

Post a Comment