MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

SAVED TO SERVE


Major Daniel Webster Whittle (1840-1901) was an American evangelist, Bible teacher and hymn writer. Through the influence of D. L. Moody, he entered full-time evangelism.  This is one of his many hymns…

Going forth at Christ’s command,
Going forth to every land;
Full salvation making known,
Through the blood of God’s dear Son.

Serving God through all our days,
Toiling not for purse or praise;
But to magnify His name,
While the gospel we proclaim.

Seeking only souls to win,
From the deadly power of sin;
We would guide their steps aright,
Out of darkness into light.

“Saved to serve!” the watchword ring,
“Saved to serve,” our glorious King;
Tell the story o’er and o’er,
“Saved to serve” forever more.

Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!

I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

There is only ONE statement made by our Lord Jesus Christ that is recorded in all four Gospels:

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.”  Matthew 16: 24-25

“For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it.”  Mark 8:35

“And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.”  Luke 14:27

“He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.  If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.”  John 12: 25-26

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~****************~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:16  “For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!”

It’s my prayer, that each new day is one in which we offer ourselves as servants to our  Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ!  Our life does not belong to us… it is HIS!



August 23, 2012 by alwayzhis  at http://learning2bestill.com/2012/08/23/saved-to-serve/#respond

No comments:

Post a Comment