This forgiveness of God is perfect, and He is willing to forgive ALL SINS—past, present and future. God in His grace is free to fully justify and forgive the believing sinner based on the blood of Christ (the work which He accomplished on the cross on our behalf, dying as our Substitute). Recognizing God’s gracious forgiveness ought to be cause for much thanksgiving and “thanks-living!” It should be a stimulus for holy conduct (Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:12-13). How can we do anything less than serve and love the God who has forgiven us our sins! Here are but a dozen of many, many verses which speak of the complete forgiveness that a person receives when He believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.
* “As far as the east is from the west, so far hath He removed our transgressions from us” (Ps. 103:12).
* “If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared” (Ps. 130:3-4).
* “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool” (Isa. 1:18).
* “Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back” (Isa. 38:17).
* “I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto Me; for I have redeemed thee” (Isa. 44:22).
* “In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve” (Jer. 50:20).
* “Who is a God like unto Thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy. He will turn again, He will have compassion upon us; He will subdue our iniquities; and Thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea” (Mic. 7:18-19).
* “In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace” (Eph. 1:7).
* “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more” (Heb. 8:12; 10:16).
* “I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for His Name’s sake” (1 Jn. 2:12).
* “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses” (Col. 2:13).
* “To him give all the prophets witness, that through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission (forgiveness) of sins” (Acts 10:43).
We cannot earn our salvation, but we sure can make God happy that He saved us!
Forgiveness of Sins (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
Repentance and Forgiveness Go Together (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
Wesley’s sermon compromise (johnmeunier.wordpress.com)
Forgiveness of Sin (christiansnotions.wordpress.com)
“8. But what saith it? The word is nigh (haroldcameron.wordpress.com)
True Forgiveness (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
Law and Grace – REV. C.H. SPURGEON (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
“A full Christ is thy Christ” by John Bunyan (tollelege.wordpress.com)
Jesus and Forgiveness (christophercrandolph.wordpress.com)