Christianity can be condensed into four words: Admit, Submit, Commit and Transmit. -Samuel Wilberforce
Sunday, June 1, 2014
QUOTES TO CELEBRATE MOTHERS ON CHILD’S DAY
Quotes to Celebrate Mom on child’s day.
May this quotes fuel your appreciation for your mom. Thanks to my mom, she’s the best! A child
My Mom — The World’s Greatest Mother-A child.
“No one else, ever, will think you’re great the way your mother does.” –Mary Matalin, Letters to My Daughters
“Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers.” — Lisa Alther
”A man climbs to the guru’s cave high in the mountains. There sits a matronly looking woman who says, “The secret of life is listening to your mother in the first place and not wasting your time climbing mountains to ask silly questions.” – Non Sequitur comic the week of January 8, 2001
“The love of a mother is never exhausted. It never changes — it never tires — it endures through all; in good repute, in bad repute. In the face of the world’s condemnation, a mother’s love still lives on.” – Washington Irving
“All that I am or hope to be I owe to my mother.” – Lincoln Abraham
“The mother is the one supreme asset of the national life. She is more important by far than the successful statesman, businessman, artist, or scientist.” – Theodore Roosevelt
“Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together.” – Pearl S. Buck
”Motherhood is not for wimps.” — Sharon Burkey (my wife, another awesome mom raising 2 incredible daughters)
“An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy.” – Spanish Proverb
“Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would die for you. This is the miracle of love.” – Maureen Hawkins
“A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” – Dorothy Fisher
“The source of human love is the mother.” – African Proverb
“MOTHER’S DAY: What is made each time a child uses such beautiful words as ‘thank you’ or “I love you.’” – Jane S. McKay
“The joys of motherhood are what a woman experiences every day — when the children are finally in bed.” – Anonymous
“Little children disturb your sleep; Big ones, your life.” – Yiddish Proverb
“How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers.” – Alice Walker
* As is the mother, so is her daughter. Ezekiel 16:4
* If you bungle raising your children, I don’t think whatever else you do well matters very much. Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
* A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.Dorothy Canfield Fisher
* At work, you think of the children you have left at home. At home, you think of the work you’ve left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent. Golda Meir
* The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. Honore de Balzac
* By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class. Anne Morrow Lindbergh
* Making a decision to have a child–it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Elizabeth Stone
* Women do not have to sacrifice personhood if they are mothers. They do not have to sacrifice motherhood in order to be persons. Liberation was meant to expand women’s opportunities, not to limit them. The self-esteem that has been found in new pursuits can also be found in mothering. Elaine Heffner
* The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. Rajneesh
* The best thing a father can do for his children is love their mother.Anonymous
* When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.Sophia Loren
* All mothers are working mothers. Author unkonwn.
* The mother loves her child most divinely, not when she surrounds him/her with comfort and anticipates his/her wants, but when she resolutely holds him to the highest standards and is content with nothing less than his/her best. Washington Irving
On Mother’s Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy and truth, I have succeeded in concentrating my deepest feelings and beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You’re my mother, I would have no other! Forest Houtenschil
A mother understands what a child does not say. — Anonymous
A mom’s hug lasts long after she lets go. — Anonymous
A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. —Marion C. Garretty
Mother — that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries. — T. DeWitt Talmage
There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. —Chinese proverb
I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. — Abraham Lincoln
Mother, the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart. — Anonymous
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. —Washington Irving
A mother’s heart is a patchwork of love. — Anonymous
Mom, when thoughts of you are in our hearts, we are never far from home. — Anonymous
Any special mom quotes I have to share:
1. If it weren’t for your mom, you wouldn’t be breathing right now. If nothing else, you should thank her for that.
2. Mothers are the emotional backbones of the family. They provide the holding place for everyone’s feelings and do their best to keep us from being hurt.
3. Who would kiss your boo-boos to make it all better if she weren’t around? Mothers have the magic touch (and kiss) to help us heal our wounds, physical and emotional.
4. Truly, our mothers worked hard and made sacrifices, so our lives would be better. There are not a lot of people willing to do that, so let her know you appreciate it
.5. Mothers are forgiving — so forgive her in return. Perhaps nothing will be as valuable a gift to both of you as forgiveness. Open your heart and drop your resentments. Now that’s love.
6. When you want to climb the tallest mountain, your mother will make your lunch for you. She is the one who will support your dreams when no one else will. She will also remind you to wear clean underwear.
7. Her boundaries made you a better person. You may not have liked some of her decisions, especially when you wanted to party with your friends, but she did keep you out of trouble. Look at some of your friends without a mom who cared that much.
8. A mother’s ears and eyes hear and see everything. They also have a computer-like memory for all the good (and some of the bad) that came your way. It’s nice to have someone with whom you can reminisce about your whole life.
9. Mom taught you to be a functioning adult. That was her job, and without that, making it through the modern world would be very hard. Your mom may have forced you to do your homework, but now you see how important it was.
10. A mother’s smile, when it is directed toward you, makes your day a whole lot better. All she needs is to know that she has helped you to be and feel your best. Say thank you. Any special mom quotes you have to share?
11.Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever~Author Unknown
12.Most Mothers are instinctive philosophers~Harriet Beecher Stowe
13.A Mother is the truest friend we have, when trials are heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when troubles thicken around us, still she will cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts~Washington Irving
14.God could not be everywhere and therefore he made Mothers~Jewish Proverb
15.The Mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom~Henry Ward Beecher
16.There is one pretty child in the world, every Mother has it~Chinese Proverb
17.No gift to your Mother can ever equal her gift to you–Life~Author Unknown
18.Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, Or kiss the place to make it well? My Mother.~Ann Taylor
19.A Mother’s love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, it never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking~Helen Rice
20.The heart of a Mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness~Honore de Balzac Any special mom quotes you have to share?
Text and pictures received on emails , fb and other pages.