July 23, 2012
“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.” (Romans 8:17)
One of the greatest doctrines of the Christian faith is the identification of Christ with His people in all the key events of His great work of salvation. For example, we are considered by God as dying with Him since He died for us. As Paul said, “I am crucified with Christ” (Galatians 2:20).
Furthermore, when Christ was buried, we were in effect buried also. “We are buried with him by baptism into death” (Romans 6:4). Then we are also resurrected with Christ. “Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead” (Colossians 2:12).
But that is only the beginning of our great salvation. Christ then ascended to heaven, sat down on the right hand of the Father, and we are there with Him! “God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ. . . . And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ephesians 2:4-6).
Not even is this the end, for we are joint-heirs with Christ, as our text assures us. He has been “appointed heir of all things” (Hebrews 1:2), and we share His inheritance. “It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him” (2 Timothy 2:11-12).
Identified with Christ in His suffering, His death, His burial, His resurrection, His ascension, and then in His eternal reign! This is our position by faith. When He returns, it will become actuality, “and so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:17).
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.HMM
Institute for Creation Research| 1806 Royal Lane | Dallas | TX | 75229
Powered by phplist.www.icr.org/change
- Crucified With Christ (musingsofernie.wordpress.com)
- In Christ, Christ In – the power of your position and His presence (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Supernatural Power Through One Law (last of chapter 22 love) (theharvestprinciple.wordpress.com)
- Blessed Assurance, Jesus is Mine! (gracesatisfies.wordpress.com)
- Day 15 – Formed for God’s Family (werejumpin.wordpress.com)
- Joint Heirs With Christ (pastorht.wordpress.com)
- Irresistible Adoption (jonahmb.wordpress.com)
- What Is The Gospel Mentioned In Revelation 14:6? – The Simple Truth! A Brief Bible Study (gospelbondservant.com)
- Who I am in Christ – Encouragement for the weary soul. Rejoice! You are chosen and loved beyond measure. (prepareforthelamb.wordpress.com)