MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

DAYS OF PRAISE-OUR GOD IS EVERYWHERE

Days of Praise
Our God Is Everywhere
September 18, 2011
"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil
and the good."
(Proverbs 15:3)
The God who created and made all things is not only omnipotent,
He is omnipresent
. "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro
throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the
behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him"

(2 Chronicles 16:9).
David's insightful 139th psalm is certainly one of the most
striking affirmations of God's omnipresence.
"If I ascend up
into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold,
thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell
in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand
lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the
darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about
me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night
shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike
to thee
" (Psalm 139:8-12).
God's omnipresence, however, should not be understood in a
pantheistic sense. Although He sees everyone and everything,
that does not mean He is in everyone and everything. The
creation did not create itself!
But since God is everywhere, He Himself cannot be seen anywhere.
Jesus said concerning the Father,
"Ye have neither heard his
voice at any time, nor seen his shape," but He also said, "I am
come in my Father's name
"
(John 5:37, 43). "He that hath seen
me hath seen the Father"
(John 14:9).
It is also a wonderful revelation that the Holy Spirit of God now
indwells every Christian believer, so this is another way in which
God is everywhere--that is, wherever there are true Christians,
God is there. "Therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit,
which are God's"
(1 Corinthians 6:20). HMM
Print this article | More Days of Praise articles

No comments:

Post a Comment