MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones-UNITY WHICH IS NOT UNITY

Christianity can be condensed into four words: Admit, Submit, Commit and Transmit. -Samuel Wilberforce

185075_4365982760512_1389134150_n

UNITY WHICH IS NOT UNITY

D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

If you go back through the long history of the Church, you will find that it has often counted most, and has been most used by God, when there have been just a handful of people who were agreed in spirit and in doctrine. God took hold of them and used them and did mighty things through them. But when there was only one Church in the whole of western Europe, what did she lead to? The Dark Ages. And yet it seems to me that this great lesson of history is being entirely forgotten and ignored at this present time. I say these things not because I am animated by any controversial spirit, but because I have a zeal for the truth as I find it in the Scriptures, and regard it as tragic to note the way in which Scripture is being twisted and perverted in the interests of a unity which is not a unity.

~ D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Great Doctrines of the Bible – The Church

Other quotes you may like:

  1. How Jesus overcame the world (and we should too)

  2. I cannot stand doctrine…

  3. I must admit also that I am weak…

– See more at: http://reformedquotes.com/what-happens-when-unity-is-not-unity/#sthash.kA23tgmw.dpuf

1505080_896907267050026_2634335547267965287_n

No comments:

Post a Comment