MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Saturday, October 3, 2009

A FULL DAY-Can't rest, can't stop, can't slow down. A MountainWings Moment-Wings Over The Mountains of Life

A Full Day
===========

This is a response from a MountainWings subscriber. I emailed
her with a suggestion and she responded with the details of her
typical day.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the demands of the day.
Don't you?
It helps to keep our day in perspective when we get a glimpse
into someone else's day. I felt her description might just give
us a little more appreciation of our own day.



from Zelda:

I barely have time to read MountainWings.
I am 65 years old, work full time and do my own housework,
which becomes more of a challenge all the time.
My husband is disabled and unable to help me.
Right now I am picking up walnuts outside, to sell.
I am slower than I used to be at this, because this makes my one
whole leg and hip hurt.
My youngest son and his family were here for about 6 1/2 hours
tonight. Their children are 5, 3-1/2, and 1. The two oldest
are boys. They helped me pick up walnuts, water flowers, etc.
while they were here.
I fixed supper for 8 people tonight, fixed my grandsons' plates
and ate with them while other people did their own thing.
I have cooked three meals today, cleaned up the dishes and done
laundry. I also read to my grandsons and helped to keep my
year-old granddaughter occupied.
I've also had help to takes clothes out of the clothes dryer,
etc.
In my spare time, I make the greeting cards that I send, I am
working on my husband's genealogy, and am now working on a
calendar to give people for Christmas.
I have just completed a book "A Lifetime Together," covering the
46 years my husband and I have known each other. I also handle
the family budget and correspondence.
Now I must finish on the computer, so I can get to bed and get a
little rest before I must get up in the morning and start
another busy day.
Zelda


We all work so hard, often without a break.
We need a day now more than ever. Impossible you say?
Too much to do.
Can't rest, can't stop, can't slow down.
Get real sick and see if you don't slow down.
At my company, I had to force employees to take their vacation.
I passed a rule that if they didn't take their vacation time,
they would lose it.
Some griped at first, they would rather keep working and get
paid for those days, but many came to me afterwards.
They were so thankful that I made them take a vacation.
They said they didn't realize how tired they were.
It's just good business sense. We perform better refreshed than
burned out. A constant grind wears us out and breaks us down.
Maybe we should listen to the 4th Commandment.
Virtually every religion incorporates a period of rest.
Even farmers know, to get the best production out of the soil,
the soil needs to rest one year in seven.
There is a sermon on
www.AirJesus.com on that very thing called,
"The Fourth Commandment." If you are tired, go to AirJesus.com
and listen to it.

The 4th Commandment of the Kings James Bible was simply to rest
one day a week.
Even dirt needs rest.
So do we.

A MountainWings Original~


Thank you for inviting MountainWings in your mailbox.
See you tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#1298 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------
****************************************************************

www.MountainWings.com "Wings Over The Mountains of Life"
http://www.mountainwings.com
****************************************************************
MountainWings, POBox 43725, 120 Selig Dr., Atlanta, GA 30336 USA

No comments:

Post a Comment