MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

GOOD FRIDAY -NECESSITY OF DEATH

Good Friday: Necessity of Death?

It's 15 minutes past Good Friday. It's a sobering, inspiring, devastating, puzzling moment in the Christian Calendar.

I'm working on a contribution for a book about Banned Questions on Jesus from Chalice Press.

One of the questions is: "
Why did Jesus have to suffer so much?"

Without undermining copyright, my answer entails:

Did Jesus have to suffer and die? No, I don’t think God demanded it.
But was it inevitable, given the innate conflict between darkness and light? I think so.
The suffering of goodness, under the tyranny of darkness, is an inevitable dynamic in the process of redemption.

Theological ramifications of this? Huge, I know...
http://www.emergingchristian.com/2010/04/good-friday-necessity-of-death.html

No comments:

Post a Comment