MARANATA !!!

MARANATA !!!

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's in the Valleys I Grow

It's in the Valleys I Grow

my family

It's in the Valleys I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow
.

If I always stayed on the mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain.


I have so much to learn
And my growth is very slow,
Sometimes I need the mountain tops,
But it's in the valleys I grow.


I do not always understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing.
My Lord will see me through.



My little valleys are nothing
When I picture Christ on the cross
He went through the valley of death;
His victory was Satan's lo
ss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow
.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way
.

Thank you for valleys, Lord
For this one thing I know
The mountain tops are glorious
But it's in the valleys I grow!



(This poem was written by Jane Eggleston who currently lives in Virginia. Her son Jeff states, "She is a wonderful person, loves Jesus and has been the best mother anyone could ever ask for." What a fitting tribute to any mother.)

May this give you some peace like it does me, love mom/aunt/sis


The song "Dreams" was written and performed by Margi Harrell

No comments:

Post a Comment